Interested in joining one of our professional standard committees? Please fill out your Volunteer Service Form and return it back to Kate Sax, MORe’s Director of Professional and Ethical Practices.
What is the Grievance Committee?
Grievance Committee Volunteer Service Form
Professional Standards Committee
What is the Professional Standards Committee?
Professional Standards Volunteer Service Form
Pathways to Professionalism
The Pathways to Professionalism document created by the National Association of REALTORS® has been brought to life through dialogue and examples by members of Mainstreet Organization of REALTORS®
(MORe) and how they continually adhere to the Pathways during their daily work. (View/Download
After conducting the Broker Outreach Seminars within MORe, it became apparent that a common thread of concern our membership was encountering was professionalism. MORe created a video designed to help raise awareness amongst our members of the courtesies and professionalism we should demonstrate daily to the public we serve, the properties we represent and our fellow valued REALTORS®.
Have you seen the Pathways to Professionalism video yet?
Focus Your Office Meeting on Professional Courtesies
- Identify Best Practices for scheduling and canceling appointments in our immediate marketplace. Give an example of another market that may use different customs.
- Have you ever had an agent not return your phone call? What are some ways that you get the agent to return your call, or get feedback?
- What are some of the important items to provide in the home for ease in writing an offer?
- You are on a showing and Mr. Buyer goes to see the garage while Mrs. Buyer goes up to the bedrooms. How can this be handled?
- The Buyers little boy wants to play with toys he sees in a Sellers home. What can you do?
- You have a client who wants to view a home that is on a lockbox. You are not available to show them at a time convenient to them, so they ask you for a one day code. What do you do?
- Have you ever been called about a mistake on one of your listings? (i.e. improper school listed) How did you handle the call? Would you have done anything differently?
- Do you think Brokers should be called when agents demonstrate a lack of professionalism? If so, how and who should make the call? If you were a Broker receiving such a call, how would you handle the situation?
- Have you ever called an agent or Broker to compliment them on the professionalism they demonstrated? How do you think this would affect working relations?
- Is the Golden Rule important to you in how you conduct your business?