Have you completed your National Association of REALTORS® Quadrennial Ethics Requirement?
Are you aware that two and a half hours of Code of Ethics Training is required every 4 years for every REALTOR® member of the National Association of REALTORS®? The requirement is considered satisfied when the member presents documentation of a completed Code of Ethics course conducted by NAR, Mainstreet Organization of REALTORS® or another local Association, a State Association of REALTORS®, or any other recognized educational institution or provider that meets the learning objectives and minimum criteria established by NAR from time to time.
The MORe Education Department recommends REALTORS® take an Ethics course as part of their state continuing education requirement. Not only will you receive Elective continuing education credit for your bi-annual license renewal, but the Ethics course will also satisfy your NAR Quadrennial Requirement.
- Jan. 1, 2013 - Dec. 31, 2016 (Current Period)
- Jan. 1, 2017 - Dec. 31, 2020
- Jan. 1, 2021 - Dec. 31, 2024
NOTE: Any Ethics courses taken before Jan. 1st, 2013, do
not count towards the current quadrennial period requirement.
The Ethics course must be taken during the current period to
count for credit towards the requirement.
Complete the Requirement Now!
Take a look at your options for completing your Quadrennial Ethics Requirement:
- Take a self-study Ethics course through Mainstreet (Fulfills 3 hrs. Elective C.E.) MORe >
- Self-Study exam proctoring instructions MORe >
- Sign-up for a live Ethics course with Mainstreet (Fulfills 3 hrs. Elective C.E.) - Coming Soon!
- Complete the IAR online Ethics course (Fulfills 3 hrs. Elective C.E.) MORe >
- Online exam proctoring instruction MORe >
- MORe members who are also members of C.A.R. may fulfill the ethics requirement by viewing the C.A.R. ethics training DVD.
A copy of the DVD can be requested from your managing broker. After viewing the DVD, please return a signed copy of the affidavit that was included with the DVD to MORe. MORe >
*New Mainstreet members* Completing the orientation class will comply with the NAR mandate for that particular quadrennial period.
Failure to satisfy this requirement will be considered a violation of membership which will result in your membership being suspended until such time as the training is completed.