Tapping the Best Local Association
- What is the cost of membership dues?
- When are dues billed and due?
- Are there other fees required other than membership dues? If so, what are those fees for and what is the cost?
- What services are included with your dues?
- Is there a lockbox service included in your membership dues? If so, what portion of your dues goes to this service?
- If a lockbox service is not included, what is the cost of that service? How often are you billed and for what parts of the service (system access, lockboxes, etc.)?
- What kind of programs does the association offer to support your business?
- What types of discounts are available to you as a member?
Training & Education
- Is there any training/education specifically geared towards new agents?
- How often are training classes offered?
- What is the average cost of a training class?
- Do I received member discounts on training?
- Is there training offered on how to use the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)?
- How is training offered? In person in the office? Webinars? Livestreamed to your preferred location? Through a self-study option?
- What does your required continuing education pricing look like?
- Do you offer opportunities to further my education and support my education through certification/designation courses, professional development focused training or other educational opportunities?
- Where are the association offices located?
- Are their staff members available to assist me with questions about services, programs, membership, pricing, etc?
- When is staff available? (Hours and days)
- Are you able to connect with staff without having to come into an office?
- Is there a member website I can access to pay bills, access education and resources, request and find information, etc?
Kate Sax, RCE, e-PRO, CIPS
Vice President, Professionalism & Career Development
Director, Professionalism & Career Development
Manager, Education Services