Why Real Estate?
What you put into your real estate career is what you'll get out of it.
A career in real estate allows you to be your own boss and work on your own terms. On top of that, becoming a REALTOR® opens the door to a multitude of benefits including the possibility for uncapped earning potential; your income is a reflection of your hustle. But, not everyone has what it takes to be in real estate. Check out the articles and tips below to make sure you are prepared for all that a real estate career brings with it; professionally and personally.
Are You Ready for Real Estate?
Here's some basic questions to ask yourself to see if you're ready for real estate:
- Do you enjoy helping others?
- Are you a people person?
- Are you a problem solver?
- Do you want to make a positive impact on your community and the people who live in it?
- Are you willing to put in the time and effort that is required to get your business off the ground?
- Do you want to be your own boss?
- Can you work on a flexible schedule?
- Are you able to self-manage your time effectively?
- Do you have the means to start a real estate career?
- Do you have the time and money to be a full-time agent or should you consider starting out part-time?
- Are you a person who can think out-of-the-box about marketing, problem solving, client services, communication methods, etc?
- Are you a person who is comfortable networking, both with potential clients and other businesses? Real estate is about who you know!
Learn More About Your New Career
Kate Sax, AHWD, RCE, e-PRO, CIPS
Vice President, Professionalism & Career Development
Mary Stock, AHWD
Director of Education Services
Mark Lilly, AHWD