The automatic fines for violations of Article 1 (1-16) and Article 3 (3-9) of the Code of Ethics have increased to $2,500 for providing unauthorized access to a property by the listing broker or cooperating broker.
Examples of unauthorized access include:
- Showing a property or performing a final walk-through without a confirmed appointment.
- Allowing buyers or an inspector to access a property without the agent present.
- Sending another agent to show the property in place of the agent who made the appointment.
- Listing agent using a listed property for personal use.
- Allowing buyers to move into the property prior to closing without authorization.
- Failing to follow showing instructions.
Mainstreet has created a resource for you to refer to, print for your office, or email out to your team or brokerage.