Mainstreet Coronavirus Update
Updated Friday, June 5th, 2020
Check out the videos below for the latest updates from Mainstreet REALTORS® and news and resources from Mainstreet, Illinois REALTORS®, the Small Business Administration, and more.
Impacts of Coronavirus on Mainstreet
Beginning Wednesday, March 18th, Mainstreet offices will be closed, at least until July, and staff will be working remotely. It's important that we keep your health and safety - and that of our staff - top priority.
We appreciate what you continue to do, helping consumers with their real estate needs, and we're here for you. Don't hesitate to reach out. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message in our general mailbox at 630.324.8400. We'll get back to you ASAP.
Thanks for being part of our Mainstreet REALTORS® family. Stay safe out there.
Continue reading below for important updates, resources, and news related to Mainastreet, the real estate industry, small businesses, and much more.
Here are some other things to keep in mind:
- Mainstreet has worked wth MRED to extend the due date on your MORe Advantage Fee to Wednesday, May 20th. This largely covers your MRED (MLS) subscription, SentriLock (lockbox) services and FOREWARN (agent safety app) member benefit. Mainstreet collects one fee for these big-ticket items and pays the various partners on your behalf.
COVID-19, also known as the coronavirus, has not only caused grave health concerns, but it may also result in a slowdown of your real estate-related activities and income. That's why we extended the due date.
- Second, we approved a new emergency addendum that you - as a Mainstreet REALTOR® - may want to use with the Multi-Board Sales Contract, in the event that your clients want an extra level of assurance because of COVID-19.
It's important to note that any Mainstreet member may begin using this addendum immediately. Members of other associations, those that are part of the multi-board contract joint venture, may also be able to use this new addendum, pending approval from their respective associations.
- IDFPR has extended the Broker C.E. renewal deadline to Sept. 30th, 2020.
- Mainstreet's four locations will be closed until July. Members who have an emergency (need SentriLock services, for example) can reach out via email (Info@SucceedwithMORe.com) or phone (630.324.8400) to set up an appointment.
- Mainstreet has decided to postpone Senior Expos and other larger gatherings scheduled for May or later.
- Committee and task force meetings will be conducted via Zoom video calls or canceled/postponed. If you're a committee or task force member, check with your staff liaison.
As things keep changing very rapidly, we've made thes decisions based on just the next few weeks. In the event we need to extend or update these options, we'll notify you as soon as possible.
Resources and Updates
Advocacy and COVID-19
Check out the videos below for an in-depth look at the current state and importance of advocacy in our new reality.
Advocacy in the Age of COVID-19 Video Accompanying Resources: Learn about recent advocacy wins in the age of COVID-19, what they mean for you, and what you can expect next. You can access a summary of the webinar (video above) and the Q & A from the session.